1102: Writing about Literature
1 computerized classroom
1 class e-mail discussion list
1 World Wide Web
8 print autobiographies
1 Text Book: An Introduction to Literary Language
- divide students into groups, or "bands" (as in
- assign bands weekly presentations and e-mail discussions list
- teach bands how to MOO; have them turn in MOO logs during the
segments in which they are NOT presenting on the material.
- have students read roughly one book per week.
- design a schedule
which moves from traditional autobiographies to more explicitly
- give students an
early hypertext assignment to familiarize
them with the
techniques of html and the creation of hypertext.
- look for the instructions on how to design the project in the
- mix in a little text book (especially the "mystory"
chapter) to crystallize