These tutorials may be helpful resources for students and/or teachers.
- Making of a podcast Virgin Worlds #70: This is a great podcast on how to do podcasts. I require this episode as “reading” for all my classes that do podcasts. Normally the podcast is about gaming.
- Podcast101 - Creating and hosting an audio podcast: This is a great start-to-finish tutorial on how to make a podcast that even walks through using Audacity.
- Podcasting & vodcasting: A white paper:
By Peter Meng. This white paper, written fairly early in the timeline of
podcasting, is designed to explain podcasting and applications and uses
at the University of Missouri. It has a good tutorials for audio and
video podcasting at the end.
- Recording and uploading audio: By Steven D. Krause, part of "Broadcast composition: Using audio files and podcasts in an online writing course," it explains how he recorded and published audio files for a class. This could be helpful for students and teachers.
I have used both these books in class. They explain podcasting in much more detail than the shorter texts
- Podcasting for Dummies by Tee Morris, Chuck Tomasi, Evo Terra, and Kreg Steppe, (2nd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: For Dummies Publishing, 2008. ISBN: 978-0-470-27557-3
- Tricks of the Podcasting Masters by Rob Walch and Mur Lafferty, Que Publishing, 2006. ISBN: 0-7897-3574-1.