You must know your character name and password to login to the MOO. This might sound
rather obvious, but many people simply do not understand this fact of MOOlife.
A few words about how MOO characters are created. Most MOOs have a program which automatically creates a character at the request of a guest. When you connect to the MOO
and @request <your_character_name> for <email@example.com>, the program creates your unique character and generates a random password. It also sends you an email, telling you that you now have Your_Character with YoUrPaSsWoRd and sends a notice to a list for the wizards or administrators. Some simple facts about passwords.
Some simple DOs and DON'Ts
- usually case sensitve
- usually random, and generated by a program
- usually mixed upper and lower case letters
- save the email to a folder named for the MOO
- change your password when you login for the first time
- keep your password secure
- include your character name and email address in any MOOmail requesting a change of password
- forward the original email with your password
- use your character name or other easily identifiable info for your password
- panic if you forget or lose your password. Simply connect as a guest and MOOmail
a wizard/administrator with a request for a new password.
Use MOOmail, since most wizards/administrators will not page a new
password to someone, but only send an email with the password.
or return to the index.