Call for Nominations: Kairos Best Webtext Awards
The deadline for nominations is MARCH 27, 2017.
Kairos: Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy will again recognize outstanding webtexts published during the 2016 calendar year (January 1, 2016-December 31, 2016) with awards to be presented at the 2017 Computers and Writing Conference. The deadline for nominations is March 27, 2017.
Webtexts are texts authored specifically for publication on the World Wide Web. They could be scholarly examinations, individual and collaborative reviews, interactive exchanges between scholars, teachers, and practitioners, or extended interviews with leading scholars. All webtexts take advantage of the Web as a medium to present information in ways that traditional scholarly texts cannot. Please see our list of past award winners for some excellent examples.
Criteria for nominated webtexts are the following:
- All webtexts must be publicly accessible via the World Wide Web. Hypertexts on CD-ROM are not accepted.
- Webtexts should reflect the field of computers and writing and may include scholarly examinations of key issues, as published in electronic journals; syllabi and course materials; conference websites and reviews; electronic forums for interaction; resource guides; and more.
- Webtexts should reflect outstanding work in both design and content, as each will be a key aspect of the evaluation process.
- All webtexts considered for the current awards must have been authored and published on the Web between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
- Winners need not be present at the conference to win.
Please e-mail your nomination to the Kairos Communication Editors at email@example.com.
In your e-mail, please include:
- the title and URL of the webtext;
- its author(s);
- a description of at least two paragraphs which details why the webtext meets the awards criteria.
Awards will be presented at the 2017 Computers and Writing Conference. The deadline for nominations is March 27, 2017. If you have questions, please e-mail the Kairos Communications Editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PDF Version of the guidelines