web (web) n.
- a. A woven fabric, especially one on a loom or just removed from it. b. The structural part of cloth.
- A latticed or woven structure: A web of palm branches formed the roof of the hut.
- A structure of delicate, threadlike filaments characteristically spun by spiders or certain insect larvae.
- Something intricately contrived, especially something that ensnares or entangles: caught in a web of lies.
- A complex, interconnected structure or arrangement: a web of telephone wires.
- A computer network.