ISSN applied for
The Alliance for Computers and Writing
Jason Cranford Teague
This site is best viewed using an HTML 3.0 capable Browser
|"As We May Link"
From the Editor's Desk(Top)
Mick Doherty, Kairos Editor & Publisher, on the name of
the journal, the meaning of "hypertext" and the death of "Computers and
Todd Taylor, Web Editor for College Composition & Communication,
discusses the inaugural edition of CCC Online
|News from the MOO
Lingua Walks the High Wire
From Staff and Wire Reports
Kairos FAQ: All your questions
about who, what, how, and why -- answered ... News on Kairos
News: News Editor James Inman discusses "Connecting Where We're Going With Where
We've Been" ... Call For Webtexts: Coverweb themes,
Features, Reviews, Response ... Personal "Adds":
Stuff that really matters.
Plagiarism, and Intellectual Property
to this Coverweb considers a broad range of issues related to Intellectual Property.
- Diane Boehm and Laura Taggett consider the question of plagiarism in
- TyAnna Herrington offers specific details about legal issues articulated for
- Jeffrey Galin and Joan Latchaw propose a change in the nature of ownership
of disciplinary knowledge;
- David Porush considers questions of plagiarism and fair use;
- "The (In)Citers" offer "The Citation Functions: Literary
Production and Reception," a response to the open invitation to the CCCC-IP Caucus.
Also included are separate editorials from Mick Doherty on copyright issues in
electronic publishing and Matt Kirschenbaum, reacting to intellectual property
issues that arose in a recent Kairos Classroom Spotlight. Finally, Johndan
Johnson-Eilola provides "Intellectual Property: Q & A."
All the News that's Fit to "Print"
- Advice to the Linelorn: Crossing State Borders and the Politics of Cyberspace
by Jennifer Jordan-Henley and Barry M. Maid
- Computers & Writing 1998
Conference preview ... Kairos Best Webtext Award ... Proceedings in Kairos
- Conference Wrapups
NCTE ... CCCC ... TCC-L
- Conversations: Excerpted E-list Dialogues
- Calls for Participation
|Upon Further Review ...
- A Rhetorical Evaluation of OWLs
by Joan Latchaw and "crossclass" students
- E-List Review: ACW-L Plagiarism Thread
by Bill Marsh
- Software Review: WebWhacker
by Richard Long
- Book Reviews
Connections ... NetLaw ... Nostalgic Angels ... Stolen Words, Copyrighting Culture ...
Shamans, Software, and Spleens
Response, Replies, and
- Kairos Meet the Authors ... MOO followups to Kairos publications, hosted
- Classroom Spotlight ... David Schelle's high school Honors English class.
- C-Fest ... Discussions about "The State of the Profession" as well as
other pertinent topics.
- "Why I Am Not a Postmodernist" ... by Edward R. Friedlander, M.D.