How to Use My List of Presentations
To make my report about the conference easier to read, and I hope, more useful, I have provided you with a hypertext list of the presentations I attended. Skip through this list at will. When you're done reading my reviews, come back here for some final comment.
- Clicking on the panel titles below takes you to an overall report on the presentations that made up the chosen panel.
- Clicking on Take Me Back to the List of Presentationsat the top and bottom of each review brings you back here.
- Clicking on Tell Me More About the Theme at the top and bottom of each review takes you to a few more comments from me about the theme that seemed to permeate the conference this year.
- Clicking on Final Comment at the top and bottom of each review takes you to a short comment on what role I think computer technology is going to play in the future of English scholarship and teaching.
Plenary Session, Deborah Holdstein
- The Conference is the Text: The Text is the Conference
- Deborah Holdstein, Governors State University
C1. Panel: Issues in Technical Writing
- Designing Effective Internet Assignments in Technical Communication
- Patricia Goubil-Gambrell, Texas Tech University
- Staying Ahead of the Job Tracking Computers: How OCR Software Upgrades Keep Changing What Students Need to Know About Resumes
- Teresa Burns, University of Wisconsin
- Writer Restrain Thyself: Creating Visuals on the Computer
- Ron Shook (presented by David Hailey), Utah State University
E4. Panel: Traipsing the Course and Tracing the Corpse of Literacy
- Jazz and the Scene of Writing: Toward a Practice of Teaching Electronic Composition
- Michael A. Laffey, University of Florida
- The Architectural Aspects of Cyber-School and What Writing Teachers can Learn from the Entertainment Industry
- Paul Dever, University of Florida
- Electronic Monumentality
- Barry Mauer, University of Florida
- Digital Agoras
- Anthony Rue, University of Florida
H2. Panel: Online Writing and Learning: Connecting University, School, Local, and Business Communities
- Bill Condon, University of Michigan
- Wayne Butler, University of Michigan
- Rebecca Rickly, University of Michigan
- Jonas Kaplan, University of Michigan
- Barbara Monroe, University of Michigan
©David Gillette, 1996